Only with our hydroponic sprouting system – fresh, green fodder is best for your animals.
Sprouted grains (barley) benefits for livestock feed:
- Improves absorption of minerals.
- Improves digestibility and bioavailability.
- Improves health.
- Faster weight gain.
- Improves the appearance of fur or wool.
- Improves hoof strength.
- Better fertility and birth rates.
- Increasing milk yield, and improving milk quality indicators.
- Pesticide – free.
After your farm started to use our sprouting system, you can supplement your animal feeding rations by useful, fortified and natural feed year-round, every day.
Hydroponic sprouting system benefit to your farm:
- Low price of sprouted grain (barley) fodder – from 50 to 100 EUR per ton .
- In a small area you will be able to raise a large amount of natural feed (eg. using GR 1000 equipment to grow 1 ton of sprouted grains fodder per day – 100 m2 is enough).
- Low water consumption (1 ton system uses approximately 800 litres of water per ton of sprouting fodder produced).
- Regardless of the time of year or weather conditions, our equipment ensure the best quality of fresh feed every day.
- Decreased production of feed cost and increased livestock productivity will increase your competitiveness of the economy.
Traditionally, when feeding the animals, as the basis for feed dry hay is used, haylage and fed rations supplemented with concentrated feed. Animals 40% of the energy consumes to digest the feed. Unlike birds, cattle are not physiologically adapted to eat and digest full of grain, that’s why livestock (horses, pigs, rabbits, cattle, sheep, goats, deer, etc.) are difficult to digest, dry, solid feed. Fresh fodder, sprouted on our hydroponic system, allows them absorb all the materials needed, because it is precisely the food, made for their digestive systems. Good, freshly sprouted grain (barley) digestion means that animals need less feed in order to achieve the same result.
Nutritional Energy: Per kg. sprouting fodder holds 12.7 megajoules (mj) of nutritional energy. The total amount of digestible matter in fodder is 91% with on average over 20% protein and 20% starch along with all the trace elements needed such as Potassium, Calcium, Copper, Cobalt, Magnesium, Sodium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Molybdenum, Manganese & Selenium.
|Indicator||The sprouted barley, 1 kg of dry matter||Feeding barley, 1 kg of dry matter||The feeding barley compared with sprouted barley percent|
|Metabolizable energy, MJ||12||10,7||112,2|
|Crude protein, g||136||106,15||128,83|
|Crude fat, g||46,36||23,56||196,73|
|Green ash, g||33,11||27,42||120,78|
|Vitamin E, mg||25,75||13,71||187,88|
The cost can vary depending on the price of grain market